Brandon is an accomplished leader in the parks and recreation industry with over 15 years of experience as a director, educator, and coach. Brandon takes his passion for making an impact on the health and wellness of people of all ages to his role as General Manager of the Cornerstone Sports Complex in Starkville, MS.
In his role as General Manager, Brandon oversees the development of finance, human resources, marketing/sponsorship, and maintenance processes for the 12-field baseball/softball complex. Brandon also develops and mentors his staff and develops both local and regional partnerships that help the venue grow its presence and meet operational goals.
Brandon is the only Certified Parks and Recreation Executive in the state of Mississippi and has been a guest speaker for the Mississippi Recreation and Parks Association. He’s also served as an instructor at the Outdoor Wisconsin Leadership School, and helped launch a leadership school in Carlisle, PA. He also worked with the Morale, Welfare and Recreation department of the Department of Transitional Assistance where he was awarded the Civil Service Medal, the Joint Civilian Service Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Medal, and a Certificate of Commendation for his multiple deployments to support military personnel in Iraq during Operation Enduring Freedom.
- University of Wisconsin – Bachelor of Arts in History
- Aurora University – Master’s Degree in Recreation Administration
- Certified Parks and Recreational Executive from the National Recreation and Park Association
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification from the Department of Defense
- Special Events Certified from the Army and Disney