Christy is an accomplished finance professional whose skill set and work ethic has made a sizable impact on companies serving the recreation industry, including Porter Athletic and Athco. Christy’s accounting expertise within the sports and recreation industries helps her achieve excellence in her role as Regional Finance Manager at the Sports Facilities Companies.
At SFC, Christy provides oversight, leadership, and management to the accounting staff in our managed venues. She works closely with staff to develop and manage daily, weekly, monthly, and annual accounting and financial activities.
Christy’s career began serving companies in a diverse set of industries, including her work with Athco, where she accounted for $12 million annual revenue in sales and installation of playground, athletic, and recreational sports equipment for municipalities, school districts, and private entities. Additionally, Christy worked with industry-leading manufacturers such as Landscape Structures to provide and maintain a standard of excellence in responsiveness, customer service, and product satisfaction.
- Fort Hays State University, Hays, KS – Bachelor of Arts and Masters in Accounting
- Burris Old Mill Park, Blue Springs, MO – $2 million playground with splash pad*
- Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO – $500,000 Indoor turf training facility with track*
- Columbia Sports Fieldhouse, Columbia, MO – $260,000 New gym with twenty-four baseball backstops, four overhead volleyball systems, three gym curtains and a four-sided ceiling suspended scoreboard*
- Wilbur Young Park, Blue Springs, MO – $1 million Hedra playground with shelters and shade*
*Please note that an asterisk designates a project completed prior to joining SFC