Gary has over twenty-five years of operational, marketing, and strategic partnership experience across a diverse set of sports, fitness, performance, recreation and entertainment venues. He has successfully led day-to-day operations and has negotiated strategic retail, entertainment, and sports partnerships at a local, regional, and national level with corporate partners including Nike, United States Olympic Committee, Pepsi, Red Bull, Snickers, AAA, McDonalds, Papa Johns, Taco Bell, Puma of North America, Eurosport, and the United Way. Through his experience developing partnerships with many of the world’s most recognizable brands, Gary fulfills his role as Vice President of Venue Management.
In this position, Gary leads some of SFC’s largest, high-profile sports and mixed-use development projects as well as venue procurement for several leading national sports organizations. Additionally, he helps to transition projects from early feasibility and forecasting to the funding, financing, and development phase. Gary has worked on a portfolio of projects totaling more than $4 billion in planned and operational recreation, wellness, entertainment, and sports tourism assets.
Gary also leads our portfolio of elite venues, executing strategic business initiatives related to branding, advertising, digital marketing, design, sponsorship, as well as public relations.
As a founding partner of the National Sports Center Consortium (NSCC) he served as an industry expert in sponsorship and marketing, leading initiatives on benchmarking and best practices for more than thirty facilities nationally.
Noteworthy Memberships, Accreditations, & Achievements
- Data Science and Social Media Analytics
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Bluhawk Sports Park, Overland Park, KS
- Surfworks, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Perfect Game Baseball National/Regional Venue Procurement
- Team USA Field Hockey Venue Procurement
- City of Fort Worth Sports Tourism Destination Complex, Fort Worth, TX
- San Antonio Sports, Entertainment & Wellness Complex, San Antonio, TX
- SMITH Arenas Sports Complex, Macomb Township, MI
- Drive Nation Sports, Dallas, TX