Desiree “Des” Shirley has over a decade of experience as an aquatics center leader, including overseeing operations for three venues for the city of Fort Lauderdale. Des brings a depth of experience both as an aquatics operator and a coach to her role as General Manager at Caporella Aquatic Center.
In her role, Des leads daily operations and develops and implements strategies for business development, programming, and risk mitigation. She also leads all staff development efforts. Additionally, Des works to build partnerships with local civic and business leaders, helping the facility maintain a prominent and positive role within the community.
- Northeastern University, Boston, MA – Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Thomas University, Miami Gardens, FL – Master of Science in Management with a minor in Public Administration
- Certified Pool Operator ® (CPO) Certification
- American Red Cross ® Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) Certification
- American Red Cross ® Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification
- American Red Cross ® Lifeguard Management Certification
- American Swim Coaches Association® Certified Coach
- US Masters Swimming® Certified Coach