Suzy is a dedicated parks and recreation professional with over twenty years of experience managing municipal and county departments in the Southeast, including as the assistant city manager of Delray Beach. With extensive experience in parks and recreation, event management, and finance, Suzy brings her passion for community engagement and facility optimization to the team as a Vice President of Venue Management.
In this role, Suzy guides the optimization process for parks and recreation assets by analyzing financial data to make recommendations for capital improvements and develop strategies to improve facility performance. Using community and stakeholder surveys and community engagement facilitation, she develops parks and recreation master plans that reflect the community’s needs, desires, and priorities. Suzy advances the ability of parks and recreation assets to enhance the health and economic vitality of their surrounding communities.
Suzy has held the Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) certification since 1998 and has been a guest speaker for undergraduate and master’s classes, civic organizations, and conferences. Suzy has a passion for providing accessible and equitable programs and facilities that improve the health and economic vitality of communities; mentoring developing parks and recreation professionals; and providing new and innovative collaborative programs that maximize community resources and optimize facilities.
- University of Georgia, Athens, GA – Bachelor of Science in Recreation Administration
- University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL – Masters in Local Government Administration
- Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA – currently completing a dissertation for the Doctorate in Local Government Administration
- Auburn Recreation Market & Feasibility Study – Auburn, ME
- Steele Creek Master Plan – Bristol, TN
- Collinsville Sports Complex Feasibility Study – Collinsville, IL
- Eagle Pass Aquatic Facility Feasibility Study – Eagle Pass, TX
- Town of East Greenwich Parks Master Plan – East Greenwich, RI
- Dorothy Hamill Skating Rink Community Engagement Survey – Greenwich, CT
- Recreation Optimization Study – Heber Spring, AR
- Gateway Sports & Recreation Complex Feasibility Study – Ironton, OH
- Monterey Sports Center Optimization Study – Monterey, CA
- Recreation Master Plan Update – Mt. Lebanon, PA
- Strategic Planning & Highest and Best Use Modeling – Seaside, OR
- Sunset Empire Parks & Recreation District Master Plan – Seaside, OR
- Recreation Impact Calculator – Kansas Recreation and Parks Association
- Recreation Impact Calculator – California Parks and Recreation Society